Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gracias, Dora

At the doctor's office the other day, our name was called.  I quickly tried to round up the kids and all our stuff to follow the nurse back.  But my kids weren't moving.  In fact, Andrew was glued to Tarzan that was playing on the TV, crayon mid-air.

"C'mon guys, let's go!" I called.  Once, twice.  

"Let's go..." in my sing-song voice.

And then Natalie pipes up in her little voice "Vamanos!  Let's go!" as she runs towards the door.

The fact is, Natalie's DVD of choice for the last week or so has been Dora.  But I had no idea she was learning anything.  

But even better was the fact that the spanish-speaking family we had been waiting with looked up, looked at me, and started laughing.  The dad was still chuckling, muttering "vamanos" when I finally ushered us all to the door.

3 comments:

Heather S said...

Hey...I love how big your pictures are on your blog. What settings do I choose to achieve the same result?

Thanks...Heather

Sarah said...

when we ask claire what the magic word is, she says "abre." thanks a lot, dora.

mwells said...

This one made me chuckle!