Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What I love (note to self when thinking about things I don't love so much)

I love swimming with my three little kids. (Sometimes I prefer to just swim with two kids, but James loves it so much I feel bad!)
Andrew yells, "canyon ball!" as he does any kind of a jump off the diving board,
then counts 10, 9, 8, 7...down to "BLASTOFF!" and off he goes again.
I love Andrew attempting a flip off the diving board.
Natalie and Andrew trying so hard to do big arms, big kicks. I love the pool.
I love waking up to thunder and lightning, snuggled in my comfy bed.
I love feeding my baby whole wheat bread that I made. And toasting up some for myself with jam that I made.

I love hearing Natalie ask if she can "pep" (pet) the dragonfly when it comes back.
I love my kids' excitement about everything. Except oatmeal. Andrew won't touch it. Unless I put stars on a paper every time he takes a bite.
I love James' huge grin that he gives me from the top of the stairs, waiting for me to see him up there so he can laugh and crawl away.
I love James' fat feet and dimpled hands. I love his two bottom teeth and two top teeth that you can see when he smiles really big.
I love reading books to my kids. One-on-one reading might be the only time I can get any of my kids to sit still and snuggle in my lap.
I love hearing Andrew and Natalie "pretending".
I love little secret whispers in my ear.
I love walking in at night and seeing this:

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

I love that you are blogging again! You have such a great outlook on motherhood.
Thanks for sharing the things you love.

linda said...

I just found your blog through becky's blog! What a cute family. It seems like things are pretty great for you. I am so happy for you.
Linda

Cheri said...

I agree with Chelsee... I love that youre blogging again!!