
Today Natalie screamed for 20 minutes in the car. That made for about 22 minutes of the loudest, highest pitched screaming ever heard, if you count the two minutes it took her mom to get her from the gym class to the car.
She screamed so hard, her nose bled.
"Mooommmm--MEEEEEEE!" Over and over and over.
She screamed so hard, her face was bright red and her voice was scratchy.
James was so tired, he fell asleep in spite of all the noise.
Poor Natalie. Her mom didn't even feel sorry for her. In fact, her mom was sitting in the front seat, laughing to herself, and maybe even out loud a few times. Because looking in the rear view mirror, she saw a very determined girl who likes to get what she wants. And she saw herself when she was little.
Thank goodness for lip gloss or Natalie still might be screaming.




3 comments:
My my kids do the screaming fits too. And, what I like to do is scream back. It really freaks them out a bit, but usually does the trick of making them stop. That or they just start screaming louder. Don't you just love being a mom sometimes?
PS~I love that you're blogging so much. You're kids are just too cute and tell Natalie that I LOVE her necklace!
You are good to laugh. I might be able to find a laugh, but that would only keep me from crying. You are a good mom and yes, thank goodness for lip gloss.
I have not been exposed to the benefits of lip gloss. I'll give it a try! I love this post. I'll think of you and look at the clock next time I have a screamer!
Post a Comment