George du Maurier (1834-1896)
I LOVE peaches. But not just any peaches. In fact, I experienced disappointment after disappointment this year as I continued to buy peaches. Too dry, too hard, too stringy....too fuzzy!
I was looking for a peach that gushes as you take a bite. So you have to kind of suck in to catch the juice coming out as you take a bite. That tastes like candy it is so sweet.
So I turned to the source of the best peach I have ever tasted....Utah. I collected my box of Utah peaches from a house around the corner and brought them home where we immediately started our diet of peaches for the next week. Although a few of them were exactly like I had hoped, the rest of the box was tasty, but not as sweet as imagined. But that didn't stop me from eating a few of them a day. Of course, there was no way we could eat them all, so, with the help of my mother-in-law and sister-in-law Diane, I turned them into this:
I tell you, peaches never looked so good to me.




6 comments:
NICE! i need to learn how to do that... very impressive!
Erika,
You are getting too good at this homemaking thing... please stop so the rest of us can catch up!
I am so impressed!! I just picked up a box of Utah peaches and pears. I wish I knew how to can. If we can't eat these fast enough I was just going to freeze them?!!
I canned peaches last year. I really enjoyed doing it. I felt like quite the susie homemaker. I would love to do it again. I think you've inspired me! Way to go Erika.
way to go E!
Oh ditto! I love Utah peaches. I have got the BEST fresh peach pie recipe for your diet. I'll post it next week! Mmmm.. . .am I drooling?
Post a Comment