Natalie now says her "ls".Whereas a few days ago she said, "Ewwie", she now (seemingly overnight) miraculously says "El-lie". Instead of her usual (and might I add, adorable) chomma miwk, she now asks for "choc-l-ate mi-l-k".
And I wish I could adequately write how she says her "ls". Just picture the tongue curling back to the very top of the roof of her little mouth every time she wants to say an "l". No lazy "ls" for her.
It's almost too grown up, too fast, for me. I need some time to adjust. I never got a chance to say good-bye to the old "Natawie" and suddenly the new "Nata-l-ie" has moved right in.
Oh well. When she is 15 I'll look back and be glad she reached this milestone. Maybe even when she is 8.




2 comments:
It was good to see you last night. I always enjoy our conversations! I share your feelings about kids growing up. It is wonderful and tragic all at the same time.
So sad when they leave their baby talk behind. :( I hate it when they grow up.
Post a Comment