Speaking of getting back to blogging, this blog is officially now dedicated to my sister, Angela (in the purple), who is spending the next few months in Jerusalem. Lucky dog. Because she might be feeling a tad homesick every once in a while (ya right!), I know she will be eager to read about all the goings ons here.
Like how Andrew yelled from the bathroom on Friday, "Mommy!! I just had a big poop! And it hurt!"
Or how many diapers I change every day.
Because that is the kind of stuff that happens around here and I know Angela is going to be checking this blog every spare moment to make sure she doesn't miss any of it. So to make sure she doesn't miss any of it, I will be aiming for a post a day. That is saying a lot coming from someone whose last post was August 1st. But it's for a good cause.
And finally, a little advice for my little sister. Make sure you do not wear pants like this:
Me on the far right--I honestly wore these pants ALL the time...WHY?!!!or hats like this:
Here we are up at 2am to hike Sinai. It's dark, but I have a visor big enough to protect the whole group from the sun. And a canteen. Cool.

Here we are up at 2am to hike Sinai. It's dark, but I have a visor big enough to protect the whole group from the sun. And a canteen. Cool.in almost every picture you have. Seriously. Where did I get the hats? And why did I want to wear them? Was there not one friend that could have sat me down and told me the truth about my appearance over there ;-) Granted, it was 1992, but I seem to be the worst of that 90s bunch.





14 comments:
I'm laughing SO HARD because my 1995 Jerusalem outfits are no better!! I brought my Israel scrapbook to one of my Sunday School lessons (17 year olds) a couple of years ago and instead of marveling at all the cool places and things to see, they were marveling at my lack of fashion sense. I'll show you sometime. I'm SO jealous of your sister...okay, excited for her. It is the best experience!
ok, this is sarah again, and i just have to say that one should never be held accountable for their jerusalem fashion. there is way too much going on over there to care about what you look like, and the modesty issues make it seem like tents and huge pants are a pretty good option (it's better than a burka, right?) the end.
I'm so glad that you're back to blogging. I check your blog daily hoping for a new post. So, I'm so excited that there is going to be a new one everyday! Good luck with that.
I loved your fashions in Jeresulem. And, you call Caroline and Kara your friends. Why oh why didn't they say something about that hat!?! You really do have to love the 90's.
i'd say we've all come a long ways as far as fashion goes...all but me probably :) glad you're back to blogging!
I think you look cute!!! but that's how moms are!
Love,
Mom
Okay, seriously, shouldn't you have been required to get my permission before posting those pictures on the world wide web? And, hey, I like you in those hats!!
I'd wear the hat and the pants if I could go to Jerusalem! Glad you are back! I have missed you!
You just gave me the best laugh of the day! I love, love, love the pics of you ladies. It brought back a slew of happy memories from our T6 Terrorists days!
Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Becky
Scary!! Fun memories. I'm still pretty fashion sense-less, so I almost think we look cute in those 90's outfits. Almost...
You don't need to wonder why you wore those pants....you just need to "STOP!...Hammer Time!"
I am laughing so hard I have tears streaming down my face. And may I say, I feel your pain as far as Jerusalem fashion regrets go! I am thrilled for Angela!
I can proudly say that I never owned or wore ONE PAIR of Shabon? pants. I must have been the one out of style!!!! Hats? Yes.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Erika! This was the best blog post ever! I love the pictures and funny enough, when I see people in their Shabon genie pants, they look remarkably like you did...haha, but I haven't bought any yet! We'll see if that changes! And is there anyway I could get that sweet visor? :) Love you!
i'm sporting a few of those hats in my pics too. glad to see you blogging again. :)
Post a Comment