
I was making dinner tonight and Andrew pipes up, "Mom, let's clean up this room" referring to the toys he and Natalie had scattered around the kitchen floor. He then started really picking things up off the floor and putting them on the table. This is the kid that when I say "Let's pick up the puzzle" or "Let's pick up the cars" responds with "I can't" and then lays there while the rest of us pick everything up and try to convince him to join in.
So I was stunned. And thrilled. And tickled.
After he picked up the kitchen floor, he went and got the vacuum. I helped him plug it in and he really vacuumed the dining room and living room. Or at least parts of it. Then he had me help him pull out the hose and he sucked up some fruit snacks Natalie had dumped on the floor and then...he went around and sucked up the dead crickets around the baseboards. We have lots of crickets and for some reason that dining room ends up with many of them as they die where the bug guy sprays.
So we are now dead-cricket-free thanks to Andrew. Having three little ones I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to the stage where they can do things--like get dressed or wipe their bottoms--by themselves, let alone actually help out. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. He took care of one of my list items! He really made my day.
Here he is hard at work. Of course you have to love the no pants, underwear, one sock on look. I cannot get that kid to keep his pants on.
Funny note--he actually forgot he had the sock on and got into the tub with it on tonight. I had a good laugh at that.




2 comments:
That was like looking a picture of Cooper. The moment he comes home from school, pants are off. Generally shoes & socks also, but every once in a while there is one sock still on. They are meant to be buddies!
Love this post!
One of my favorite pictures of James is a one-socked, no pants of him outside riding a big wheel. Gotta love it!
Post a Comment