Monday, January 21, 2008

Dreaming of carousels


I was sitting down going over what needed to get done today when I heard a scream coming from Andrew's room. It was about 6:50am--much earlier than Andrew's normal wake-up time. But then I heard loud crying. Odd. Andrew usually comes out on his own when he wakes up if I don't go in and get him up first.

I opened the door to his room, and saw him lying on his bed, still under the covers but crying loudly. I went over to him, sat down on the bed and asked, "What's wrong? Are you ok?" or something like that. He said, "wanndksoektndkslekd" or something totally incoherent in a very loud crying voice. So I asked him to repeat it and got the incoherent answer again. This went on for several tries until I finally got him to slow down and stop crying a little bit.

This is what he said, "I want to ride on the carousel!"

I repeated in an I'm-not-so-sure-I heard-you-correctly voice, "You want to ride on the carousel?"

He looked at me like I had suggested such an crazy thing at 6:50am and said, "Yeah." and stopped crying. Looks like I broke into the end of a dream and he was very disappointed that he didn't get to ride the carousel.

I have laughed about that off and on today.
Here are some pictures of the last carousel ride the kids went on ...in November. Maybe it's time for another one!

2 comments:

kara jayne said...

SO SO FUNNY!!! I'm so glad you wrote this down to remember it!!

Amy G. said...

that's hilarious. did he go back to sleep?