
Just a note to myself about my little Natalie. She is such a kick. She loves to read the book "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?" that my mom and dad gave her for Christmas. We read it over and over. At the end it has a little mirror page. She gets the biggest grin as she looks at herself in the mirror. I ask, "Are you a princess?" and she says, "Natowee a princess and mommy too." I'm in the mirror too because she is sitting on my lap. She always includes me and it makes me feel so good.

Another thing I love is that she is calling James "Jamie." Nobody else calls him that. It's her little name for him.
Natalie turns 2 the 27th of this month. I was asking her today what special toy she wanted for her birthday. She said, "A choo choo train." "What kind of choo choo train, " I asked. "Anuna (another) choo choo train." She thinks that is all you can get as a gift because that is all Andrew wants and talks about.

I went to get her out of bed after her nap today and she was sitting in the corner of her crib, sucking on her pacifier, looking guilty. But I couldn't figure out why. She was fully dressed. Then she looked sideways to the other side of the crib. I followed her gaze and saw her diaper sitting there. She had taken her pants off, taken off her diaper and then put her pants back on. Pretty sneaky.
Her response to almost every conversation or comment is "and Natowee too." I was asking Andrew if he wanted to take a city rec sports class. Natalie pipes up, "and Natowee too." We have been talking to Andrew about how he is getting so big and is now in the Sunbeams class at church and Natalie says, "and Natowee too." And when she says it sometimes she nods her head while she is saying it. She just wants to be a part of everything. I love her enthusiasm!




1 comment:
I love the diaper part... She is so cute, what a sweet girl!
Post a Comment