
Andrew, our little fish, is back in the swing of things. He has been swimming unassisted since he was two. And I guess it's a good thing he caught on quickly because a few months after he turned two we were showing some friends our new, newly filled pool. Andrew was out there with us, reached over into the pool for something he had dropped or threw, and fell right in, fully clothed. By the time I had run around to where he had fallen in, he had already swam to the side and was hanging on to the side looking around. Not even really fazed.
I was actually surprised that Andrew took so quickly to swimming. He has been so cautious about everything...except swimming. By the end of the summer when he was two, he was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side by himself. I was amazed every time I saw him do it.
Andrew spends every swimming lesson submerged. He pops up to take a breath every once in a while, and comes up when it's his turn, but otherwise he is under water...doing somersaults, kicking down to the bottom, or just looking around.
Natalie started some lessons last year and they definitely helped her get comfortable in the water. This year, though, she is ready! It was a little scary to get her face in the first day, but she was determined to do it because Andrew does, and now it's no problem. In fact, she comes up out of the water with a HUGE grin every time. Too cute.




3 comments:
I wish it was warm enough to swim around here. I would settle for warm enough to play outside today. Great pictures. Your little blondies are ADORABLE! I am very impressed with your 2 yr old swimming unassisted!
your kids really are fish... maybe they can give my kids lessons.
that's so great that andrew and natalie are doing so well! can't say we'll have the same experience but you can bet i'm going to be playing that clip over and over for jonah and ellie when it comes time for their lessons. nothing wrong with a little competition to get them motivated right?
Post a Comment