Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jim

Jim--you look like Grace in this picture!

Happy Birthday Jim!! Jim turned 29 on April 5th. He is the 3rd of 5 in our family (I'm the oldest). There are five years between us, so he is my younger brother, but he is MUCH taller than I am, so that makes him my bigger brother, and we both had our first child on the same day (yes, same day, same year!) which puts us on equal ground as far as experience goes ;-). Younger, bigger, and equal...he is great any way I look at him.

In honor of his birthday, here are the top 10 things you need to know about Jim:

1. We joke in my family that Jim never walked, he ran. He has always been full of energy and enthusiasm. When he was little that came out in a piping high, loud voice. Now it still comes out in a loud voice, but not quite so high.

2. Jim has a great "grin."

3. He has a great tenor voice. I'll never forget him singing the solo part of Armies of Helaman when he was about 9 or 10 with his clear, high voice.
4. He is, what we call, metrosexual. He isn't "effeminate", but he does enjoy shopping, cooking, and is good at keeping in touch. In short, he is a girl's dream. He can actually pick clothes out for Sarah and they look good! For someone who only has one sister, I am so grateful for a brother who likes to "chat!"

5. Jim loves spiritual things.

6. Jim loves to connect with others and is very thoughtful. Jim was a freshman at BYU during my 1st year at law school. Each of the law students had an assigned carrel and Jim was always stopping by to say hi. And if I wasn't there he would leave a note. I don't know if he even realizes how much it meant to me that he would go out of his freshman way to say hi to his older sister. All my friends knew him and he was friendly to them all. And that year Jim decided to take flower arranging class to meet girls, so he would leave some of his arrangements (like the best-mom mug) at my carrel. Too bad the flower arranging class was one of his hardest that semester...they were supposed to know all the species names for every flower.


7. He has an uncanny ability to rock at guitar hero. Oh and he is pretty good at golf too.

8. Jim is never in the background--he walks into the room and you know it, he walks out and you know itJim flew out to go to see the D-Backs in the World Series

9. He is very funny. I thought Billy Madison was the funniest movie ever because of Jim's rendition of it. I was very disappointed when I saw the actual movie.

10. Jim is a great dad. He loves his girls and is so excited about every one of their experiences. I just love how involved he is as a dad.
Happy Birthday Jim!! I love you. Thanks for being such a great brother.

No comments: