Friday, April 4, 2008

Natalie's First Haircut



To all those out there who cut their kids' hair themselves...good for you!! Really. I actually did cut Andrew's hair the first time or two. But it was Andrew and he would freak out and I finally decided it was worth it to pay somebody too much money to do it for me.

Andrew is just great at getting his hair cut now and I probably should and maybe will try to do it myself again, but meanwhile we go to Cool Cuts. Andrew loves it. And Natalie has been dying to have it be her turn.

I was so hesitant to cut her hair. She doesn't have that much--it's pretty fine--and I wasn't sure what it would look like after a cut. But it was looking so straggly on the ends that it was time. It was finally Natalie's turn.Before pictures

She really was on cloud nine. She just sat there the whole time with a smug grin on her face and just stared at her reflection in the mirror. And then couldn't stop talking about how she got her hair cut. And her hair looks better and even fuller now. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Laura said...

E- I love that Natalie looks so inlove with the whole process... princess for a day! She is adorable.

kara jayne said...

I am dying at how cute those first two pictures are. How precious! what a sweetheart!

Amy G. said...

well, i did cut ellie's hair myself the other day but there have been no pats on the back around here. it looks awful. so now not only did i waste the time with her squirming around, but i have to spend even more time and more money to have someone fix it. good for you erika for taking your kids to the salon!