Friday, April 4, 2008

Dress ups at our house


Most 2-year-old girls I know just love to dress up. They put on their princess dresses, the fancy shoes, the crowns and end up parading around in their finery because they don't want to take them off...ever.

Not my little Nattle. Sure, she loves the occasional dress up and she does carry a purse around every once in a while. And she struts around when I paint her nails. But most of the time she just isn't interested in the typical dress up.

But that doesn't mean that she doesn't like to "dress-up." Natalie's dress-ups include mom's shoes, Andrew's shoes, dad's shoes, random things she can use for hats and the most popular "dress-down" where she removes everything.

And recently it included these "gwasses." We tried to tell her they were called goggles and she said, "Oh. Goggos." But then she was back to calling them her "gwasses." She wore these all afternoon. The picture I wish I could have taken but didn't because I was feeding the baby...all hands occupied...was when she was seated on the little potty, pants at her ankles, goggles on her eyes, hair everywhere. Luckily, I did catch them on her head.

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

oh how i love that girl!