Natalie has always been extremely observant. She is the one that seems to be occupied with something else while listening in on every conversation I am having. She remembers names, what you are wearing and is good with faces.
Last week Natalie walked into her grandparents' house. She saw Grandma and asked, "Gwama, you got your haircut?" Sure enough. Grandma, in all astonishment, said, "Yes, Natalie, I did!"
And then last night John and the kids picked me up from the airport. When I got Natalie out of her car seat, my purse that I had purchased on my trip was on my shoulder. Natalie said, "Mom, you got a new purse?" Me: "I did get a new purse!" Natalie: "It's bwown?" Me: "Yes." Natalie: "Oh."
Luckily, John didn't notice that I got a new purse, but amazingly enough he noticed that I had earrings on (which just proves that I haven't worn earrings in a very long time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Welcome home! Natalie is a keeper! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
I wondered if you were out of town when I saw John braving sacrament meeting in the third row by himself!! He had to endure us in front of him. Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you were up to. Sounds like your #2 is just like mine...doesn't miss a beat. She is as cute as can be!
good for john for noticing! i hope you had a good time on your trip!
Post a Comment