Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Angela

Happy Birthday to my one-and-only sister, Angela!! She is turning 19 today. I was 15 when she was born. No wonder people gave me the teen-pregnancy look when I took her out with me. And I did take her with me sometimes to the store or with my friends. She was such a fun little girl. We would all just sit around and watch her perform at FHE.

And that hasn't changed much. What an amazing person she is. So, here is her top ten:

1. She is always up for anything. Just her senior year alone she had a lead role in the musical, was homecoming queen and was secretary on the seminary presidency.


2. She is nice. She avoids saying anything mean or bad about anybody and always gives people the benefit of the doubt. She accepts everybody and has a talent for seeing good things in everyone.


3. She has an AMAZING voice. It is just beautiful. And she has worked hard on it, which I also really admire.


4. She is a lot of fun. If there is something fun going on, she is in.


5. She is so cute with my kids. Not to mention a pretty good sport about having to hang out with all the marrieds and grandkids.


6. She is smart--she got into BYU...with a scholarship...enough said.


7. She is a good balance of easy-going and determined.

8. She is a great friend. And a great friend to many types of people.

9. She is not self-conscious. I love that. She feels totally comfortable with who she is and so can put herself out there. When I was at BYU, my family moved to Utah. It was good for many reasons, but one of the best reasons was that I got to see Angela and get to know the sister that was only 2 when I left home. My roommates and I held a Miss America party for a few years and Angela came every year. And look at that performance!


10. She actually loves being short. I've spent my life wishing I was at least 5'7". She takes full advantage of all of the great things about being small.

Happy Birthday Angela! What a great sister you are. I love you!!

10 comments:

Dave and Angela said...

Erika!!! You are the cutest and best sister ever! You are so sweet for writing such great things about me, Jim, and J.B. I could not ask for a better older sister :) I love you so much!

kara jayne said...

Sounds like she is a lot like you. She learned from the best!

Amy G. said...

that was so sweet. you're both lucky to have each other!

Anonymous said...

How darling! I can't believe your hair in the top pictures! I've never seen that Erika before!

Amy G. said...

and their b-days are seriously the 5th, 6th AND 9th of April? Your parents must have had impeccable timing.

Caroline said...

Even 19 years later, I still remember going and visiting your Mom in the hospital after she had Angela. She was the most beautiful baby and little girl imaginable. We had so much fun with her. Remember when she was like 2 or 3, her favorite colors were silver and gold. So Cute!

Mimi said...

that is just so sweet, what a fun post for everyone to enjoy!

Laura said...

Erika- what a great tribute to your siblings... and even a better reflection on the wonderful sister YOU are.

kelly said...

looks like you guys have a great relationship. my sister and i are also pretty far apart in age (11 years). when she was born i never could have imagined that we would ever be as close as we are... looks like you guys are the same.

thanks for your sweet comments today. and no, i don't mind you chuckling... i was laughing to. it's the only way i can get through the days sometimes.

Heather S said...

These birthday posts are great. I can tell how much you love them.