Monday, April 14, 2008

1st tooth!


For at least the last 2 months, James has been chewing on anything he can get hold of...mostly his fingers. And he drools like anything. So, of course I expected that any day I would be seeing the first tooth pop through. I regularly checked his gums for the first signs of a new tooth. Always the same...nothing.

The last few weeks James has been whining and crying more often and will not go to sleep without a good cry first. I continued to check his gums...nothing.

Yesterday (Sunday) I was on the airplane and the lady sitting next to me asked, does he have any teeth yet? "No," I started to reply and at the same time was looking into his mouth. And there it was, his first tooth, bottom left. Just barely poking through his gums.

What a fun milestone!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey! Are you the Erika that comments on my blog, that I can never find because your profile is disabled? I noticed on my statcounter that someone visited me from your blog and came over to see who it was! I'm so glad I could find you!

And those dumb teeth threaten for weeks before ever justifying their whiny, drooly teething behavior!

mwells said...

James Dracula Garner? That is a fun milesone. Tanner was 14mos. before his first tooth!

Laura said...

That is the best. I just love little James. Congrats on the new tooth.

Lena said...

James is getting so big!!! I can't believe he has a tooth and he is eating cereal!!!