Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kites in the dark


A few weeks ago I bought $1 kites at WalMart. And insisted that we fly them on Monday night for Family Home Evening.

But there were two important things I forgot to factor into my fun plan:
1) John gets home at about 7pm--it is dark outside
2) You need wind to fly a kite.

I tried to remedy the first problem by having John come home a little early. He did get home a few minutes early, but it was still pretty dark.

There was nothing I could do about the second problem. So, instead, we shortened the kite string and told the kids to run really fast.

And it kind of worked. Luckily our neighbors were getting rid of a couch so Andrew had a place to rest after running so hard.Natalie had a harder time getting the kite off the ground, so John got to stand in as honorary wind.

No comments: