Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dancy Dancy



Natalie loves the Fancy Nancy books and calls her Dancy Dancy. Well, Friday night Natalie got to be Dancy Dancy. It was her dance recital.

I know, she is barely two. But she just loved it. She didn't follow along in class all the time and liked to do her own thing much of the time, but she was excited every week to go to her dance class. In fact, one week Andrew wanted to stay home and said he didn't want to go to the dance class (do you blame him?). Natalie got this pouty/scowl look on her face and said in a very adamant voice, "I do go my dance cwass, Adew. i DO." We laugh about that.



So, I wasn't sure how she was going to do in the recital. I had visions of her ruining the whole thing. But she did great. Her class is only about 5 girls, but there were about 30 girls at the recital all doing their own thing. She fit right in. I did catch her actually doing the right move at the right time once or twice, but most of the time she bounced around to her own tune, loving her princess tutu.


(Movie on top: going along with the program. She is straight back in the middle. Movie on bottom: doing her own thing. She is the jumping one.)

After her first appearance, her group left the performance area. I thought they were done, but after the older girls did their number, everybody came back on. Except Natalie. John ran to find her, and found her at the refreshment table eating cookies. Hmmm. He got her back "on stage" and this time she really did her own thing. She took off her leotard. I guess she got some crumbs in her leotard--she tried to get to them, it wasn't working, so she stripped down to her waist and proceeded to eat the crumbs off her tummy. Pretty funny.


We told her it is her first and only strip tease.

2 comments:

kara jayne said...

That is SO SO CUTE!! I love that she was dancing to the beat of her own drum. Stripping...that is totally something my kids would do. She is the cutest dancy dancy ever!! You are so brave to sign her up for dance at this age. I'm a lazy mom with number four. Wait...I'm lazy with two three and four. Ella's really the only one that's been signed up for anything longer than 6 weeks.

Mia said...

Erika she is soooo cute!!! I second the "brave mom" notion from Kara's post!!!!! I would NEVER have the guts to sign Chasie up for something like that!!!! We couldn't even handel Rolly Pollys!!!!! I loved the video of her jumping around in her own little world.
P.S. It was great to see you at the play group today!