Monday, December 17, 2007

Just do it



I just had to break the silence! I can't believe it has almost been a month since my last post. I have all sorts of things to catch up on, but the first step was just writing something. As the days and weeks went by, I felt like I couldn't post anything until I had time to write about EVERYTHING that had happened since the last post. Never going to happen. My first post asks Can a perfectionist really blog? This was the first real test for me. So I'm swallowing the last month. If I get to some catch up, so be it. If I don't...I'm jumping in again right now. I have really missed recording things here.

One thing that I really want to write down is a conversation I overheard the other day. Natalie was outside and Andrew was inside looking out at her through the open window.

Natalie: "How you doin Adew?"
Andrew: "I doin great"
Natalie: "Oh, wow. Cool."


It was so fun to hear them interacting and it was a particularly sweet moment because so much of their other dialogue these days goes more like:

Natalie: "My doggie."
Andrew: "No, MY doggie."
Natalie: "No, My doggie."
Andrew: "My green train."
Natalie: "No, My green train."

You get the point.

4 comments:

Heaps Crew said...

Yeah, you're back! James has grown since the last post. He has a little chub to those cheeks! I agree, you have to treasure the rare but sweet interchanges between siblings. There's nothing more heart-warming than seeing your kids enjoy each other.

Linds said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed hearing what's going on in your life. Love hearing your kids conversations. They always make me smile.

Sarah said...

Yay! We've been waiting for a new post! Can't wait to hear all the new happenings and see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Look at that hair on her! I love it. Glad you are back, and don't woory about catching us up, we are just gald you are back!!!