Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween

We had a ward Halloween party/carnival on Saturday night, so the kids got all dressed up. It doesn't get much better than being a kid on Halloween--getting dressed up, all the candy you can eat... But, being a mom of a 3 year old and a 1 year old is a close second. I think I'm having as much fun as they are! And the ward party is so great. The highlight of the evening for the kids was the horseback riding. Andrew was so excited and just grinned the whole time. But Natalie...she was ecstatic. She had the biggest grin I've ever seen and wouldn't let anybody help her as she rode around. I have to admit, I was a little nervous with her on the back of that big horse and nothing holding her on. But she was just great. And I might as well have been riding that horse too for as much as I was enjoying it. I felt like I was riding it right along with them.



Close second to the horse was the cupcake walk. They just walked right along to the music. Andrew won a cupcake, but luckily Natalie didn't win one and didn't mind because we would have had a chocolate covered tinker bell. I'm not sure if it was intentional that she never won, but no complaints here.

Just so you know how not with it I am, the party started at 6pm and we didn't get there until after 7. We did have a hard time getting us all out the door and of course I was feeding the baby and so we had to wait to leave, but I thought the party started at 6:30. Instead of being about 40 minutes late we almost missed the whole thing! But luckily we didn't and got there for just the right amount.
James managed to have a poop blowout in the 45 minutes we were there and completely filled his pants. I didn't bring a change of costume, so we wrapped him in his blanket and he got to wait until we got home for some clean pants. Poor guy.

2 comments:

Amy G. said...

hey! we were actually at that party, but had to leave early. i wish ellie could have seen natalie up on the horse. ellie wasn't going to have anything to do with the thing, but maybe with a little competition....

there's always next year.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Bummer about the blowiut!