Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kids in the dirt--starring James

This is what my kids love to do almost every day.

And I love that they are outside playing.

I do not love that James always, and Natalie sometimes, end up with dirt dumped on their heads (by Natalie) and down their clothes (if they are wearing clothes). Sometimes if Natalie doesn't get James, he dumps it on his own head.

I also do not love, but sometimes tolerate, the water on. Andrew tells me every day that the plants are thirsty. And when I allow it, we end up with a big mud pit back there.


James is just so excited that he is big enough to be out there playing with the big kids. He was particularly pleased this November afternoon.

Too much fun. And on some days, too much mess!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Great pictures Erika!!

Aren't you so happy we live in a climate our kids can play outside in December in the dirt in their diapers!! :)

Laura said...

I am jealous of your weather! It's snowing like crazy today.

Outside sandbox, what could be more fun. Except the clean up. I cringe at the thought. I have to force myself to let my kids get messy. After all its a part of childhood.

I just got your card. It's adorable! I loved the letter. Congrats on the new baby :) How exciting.

Peterson Family said...

Erika I LOVED all your posts... I haven't been a good blogger lately! :)

I just have to say how much I LOVE your photo's. Not only is your camera freakin awesome, but you are able to capture SOOOO much emotion and 'the right moment' on camera. Serisouly you have skills! :) If you aren't already taking people's pic's, you should seriously condsider it. Amazing.

The one's of your Grandpa made me cry. Especially the one of his smiling at your sweet little Natalie, so natural and candid.

Chelsee said...

You are such a great Mom, letting your kids play in the dirt. It looks like they are in heaven.

Laura said...

You really are a great mom... look how much fun they're having!
ps, how in the heck are you getting your pictures to blow up that big?

April Cobb said...

These pictures a beautiful! The dirty baby is classic!

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! Those pics are so fun, gotta love good old dirt play!