Monday, December 15, 2008

Love this girl

Today Natalie refused to wear what I had picked out for her. Instead, she silently walked up the stairs, entered her room and shut the door.

Moments later, the door opened and out came Natalie, in clothes of her choice. A purple Tinker Bell shirt (short sleeves and it was in the 40s today) paired with a pink plaid skirt.

What is a mom to do? I made her put on a long sleeved sweater and some leggings under the skirt (did I mention it was cold today?) and called it good. This morning she got away with wearing her sparkly red flip flops with the outfit, but this afternoon when she wanted to go outside I suggested she put on another sweatshirt and choose some warmer footwear.

This is what she came up with.


And yes, that is an ice cream cone.

If you have never met Natalie, these pictures sum her up pretty well. I love this girl.

9 comments:

Dave and Angela said...

This is the most adorable thing that I have ever seen!!! She is so cute :)

Laura said...

She IS adorable! I love that you are letting her express her personality :) We have been sleeping in our sunday shoes each and every night. They are so well loved! Little girls are so much fun!

Chelsee said...

Those are great pictures Erika! She is hilarious.

jennie said...

Too Cute. By the way, your Christmas card was adorable and YOU looked gorgeous. I love your hair longer! And congrats on baby!!

Lena said...

She looks cute no matter what she wears (or what she doesn't wear!) Some days I wish my children had no opinion about what they wear, then, the cute clothes I buy them would actually get worn! We've discussed this before, we are glad our children are so strong willed!

Laura said...

Ok- LOVE that Natalie has better snow boots living in AZ than my children in Pennsylvania :). BTW, did you know that Vegas got 10 inches of snow the other day??? Amy lives up sort of on a mountain and she has pics on her blog to prove it... as I was in disbelief.

Cami Bruschke said...

She is so stinking cute - it doesn't matter what she wears. Love the boots!

DTaylor said...

Now that is classic Natalie!!!! TOOOO cute!

Erin said...

So cute! She is a character! And you captured it! I agree with Jennie Sue, your family photo was beautiful! And congrats! Let's hear a due date!