To celebrate the opportunity to be a mother.
Last year I tried to change my focus on that day. In the past, it has been a frustrating day, where expectations may not have been met. You know, those low expectations that include the most amazing day I have ever experienced, no fighting, perfect children, a husband who also sides as a gourmet chef. Unbelievably, I have yet to sit in a soft chair all day while everyone waits on me, fixes delicious food, and feeds it to me off a silver platter.
So last year I decided to make it a day of celebration. To celebrate my kids and my role as a mother. I had no expectations. I tried to celebrate the opportunities I had to mother my children and perform the normal daily tasks I perform as a mother. I made an effort to spend the day WITH my kids and not trying to escape them. Not to say I did not enjoy the cards, the yummy breakfast, and the efforts to make me feel special. I loved it. But I was not expecting it.
That is the key to many things for me. Lower my expectations.
This year has included a special opportunity. I decided to enter a video contest for The Power of Moms website. Which led me to really think about the blessing it is to be a mother. And has really helped to put me in the mood to celebrate being a mom this Sunday.
I have made it to the final two videos and need your votes to win! Click on the link below and vote for "I am a Mother."




8 comments:
Erika! Never ever 'lower' your expectations....ADJUST, CHANGE, RE-EVALUATE.....but never ever 'lower'. :) No matter what your expectations...I am continuelly learning from you and growing from your knowledge and wisdom....yes people, Erika and I are AGES apart... but, she is one of my teachers...of life and of the Gospel. I thank her for that.
xooxxoxo
Fabulous video!! Loved the music, photos and captions. Well done! You got my vote. I hope you win. :)
Erika!! I loved your video!!! I hope you win! I forwarded it to lots of people. How fun to see your see your sweet family on your blog. Your kids are darling!
Heidi Sherman
I hope you win!
Loved your video. Voted for you! Wondering if you know the results! I hope you won!
We're starting a "Power" group here and it is with PRIDE that we watched the video and that I claimed you as my friend. "I KNOW her!" I exclaimed. How I wish we were neighbors and that I really do. Yes, yes and profoundly yes to your video, my dear. Hope you are well. I know you are.
Love it! But you already knew that because I cried at your house when you showed it to me. So, awesome, so glad you won the contest. Congratulations!
Erika!
Saw Shawni's post and wanted to say hello and how great it was to meet you. Love seeing your beautiful family!
Take Care,
Valerie
Post a Comment