Friday, May 29, 2009

Late night lipstick

Tonight I thought I heard the sound of little footsteps running around upstairs after I had put the kids to bed.  So I went up to check.  I found my bedroom and bathroom lights on, but nobody around.  But I had my suspicions.  So I opened the door to Natalie's room and this is what I saw:


Then I saw this, which also made me laugh.  She had dressed her dog Frenchy up earlier in socks and a sweater and had highjacked some of my jewelry (an earlier footsteps incident) and had stashed it in her purse.  I recovered the "valuables", but let her keep a few items that I didn't mind losing eventually.  I guess she decided the bedpost was the perfect place to store all these treasures.


And so we never forget, I have to include a picture of what Natalie's bed looks like most nights when she falls asleep.  After numerous "sneaks" to the game room book stash, and a few climbs in the closet to get all the blankets down, she has a bed full of what she likes to refer to as "stuffs."

Looks nice and comfy, doesn't it?  Yes, she is asleep amidst all those "stuffs."

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

That picture is priceless! My twins sleep with more toys than there is space. Sometimes I can't believe it.

Laura said...

Opps my daughter was signed in...

jennie said...

Hmmm. The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this picture of NAtalie's bed was YOUR bed our freshman year!!! Hee hee

Erin said...

soooooo cute. Really. This girl has personality--
What a lovely shade of red :)
What a lovely shade of happiness.

mwells said...

She is a girly girl!

Lenna said...

It's a great color on her...and how I enjoyed your 'guilt' post and then felt guilty :) I'm due in two weeks. It's a scheduled inducement, for which I feel so guilty. But in order for the pater familias to be there, we have to schedule it. No natural, "breathing him out" like the other three. Guilt! Guilt! Guilt! Anyway, so comforting to know someone else out there is doing it too....this having three kids so close (crazy!) and having a fourth because we like crazy. Hang in there! Sending so many guilt free good vibes your way...

Sarah said...

how do kids do that? just the thought of sleeping amongst so much "stuffs" makes me uncomfortable, yet they LOVE it! too funny...

Amy G. said...

Oh, I love that girl! Too much fun...and trouble apparently :) We have those same problems around here...aren't they just darling?!