Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation



Andrew graduated from preschool last week.  And yes, it was a big deal around here.  He has asked why he hasn't started kindergarten yet.  He is so excited to go!  

Above-Andrew singing as loud as he can.  And yes I am due in about a month...and yes you can tell in my face.

He has grown up so much in the last two years and so this graduation really was a little milestone in his little life.  In fact, his teacher gave me a big hug and said "He is so ready for kindergarten."  I knew that what she didn't say, but meant, was, "Boy he has come a long way."  He has had some rough spots and has had to learn how to be a little more flexible than he is naturally inclined to be.  But he has really come a long way.  I am so proud of our little graduate!!  

Natalie was toting Frenchy (the dog) and a giant teapot that day.

Andrew was so excited that Grandma and Dad came to the graduation.  In fact, later that day he said to me a few times, "I was so happy that Daddy came to my graduation!" And when John got home that night, Andrew ran up to him, gave him a big hug and a kiss and said, "Daddy! Thanks for coming to my graduation!"


6 comments:

Janice said...

My third just first pre-school too. Kindergarten is a big deal. You look great by the way.

Heaps Crew said...

What cuties. I love the photo of Natalie and the teapot. You are a great Mom to roll with that! I loved seeing you in SD! You are such a good friend. I can't wait to hear the news when baby arrives! Be sure to keep us informed!

kara jayne said...

That's too funny!! Max woke up the day after his Pre-K graduation and asked if he got to go to Kindergarten now. He was really disappointed that he has to wait 2 1/2 months!!

Sarah said...

so cute! grace's graduation is Thursday and Jim is missing it! :( i just can't believe how big they are, it seems like we just had them!

ps-- the flower clips look great! we've already lost one (grrrrrrr) the cute pink one that natalie is wearing, it was one of my favorites. oh well...

Sarah said...

wahoo- after a week of searching, we found the missing flower stuck on a dress-up! i knew you'd understand this triumphal moment for me. ;)

Lena said...

Congratulations to Andrew!

And that (referring to the pregnant comment) must be why you look so beautiful!