And so ends the fastest year of my life. I cannot believe that one year ago today this little baby blessed our home. He has been a sweet, calm, happy influence from day one. Some things I love about James:
He is silly. One way he manifests that is by turning circles. He will be sitting on the ground and then suddenly he will put one hand behind him, the other one over across his body and will continue to turn circles, laughing and knowing he is getting a response.
He loves to play games. One of his newest games is "throwing things down the stairs". He goes to the edge, kneels, throws something down, laughs, claps, and goes in search of something else.One of his older games is "crawling up the stairs". When he gets to the top, he just sits there and waits for me to find him. I peek up the stairs, and there is his little smiling head looking down at me. I love this game. Now, he is adding, "play in the bathroom/toilet at the top of the stairs" to the basic "crawling up the stairs" game. I don't like that game so much.
He has started putting his hands over his eyes for peek a boo. If you say pat-a-cake, he smiles and claps.
He says a few words: bye, hi, peek a boo, ma ma, more. He said hi and bye on the phone today when his cousins called.He is such a mimic. I will sing two notes, one higher than the other, and he will sing them back right on pitch.
He snuggles. This is a big deal because none of my kids are much into snuggling. I get an occasional snuggle here and there, but everyone is too interested in what is going on to settle down in my arms. He still doesn't want to miss anything--and would rather be up and looking around to catch it all. But he will snuggle occasionally. We play an Aaaah game. I say Aaaah and snuggle him then he says Aaaaah and nuzzles his head into my neck and keeps it there for a while. Then he pulls it up, says Aaaah, and snuggles again. I LOVE this game. I also sometimes find him lying down, snuggling with Natalie on a blanket.
He is willing to try just about anything. Not much phases him.
He is tough. See picture below. However, he does have the saddest cry ever, with big tears rolling down his cheeks when he does get bonked a little too hard.
He is friendly. He will go to anyone. And after seeing a hand shake, he now has his own version. He holds his little arm straight out and up, reaching for the person he is "meeting". He loves to dance. He dances to the little potty song "Toilet Paper", he dances to piano music, and my favorite...he dances every time our phone rings a rousing rendition of "When the Saints Come Marching In."
He is one happy boy. There is not much to say about it. He is just happy. Almost all the time. He entertains himself and he joins in on any fun going on around him. Every time I pick him up from the gym, they hand him over to me and comment on how happy he always is.
And I LOVE that smile with two teeth showing!He wants to be big.
But I want him to stay small...for just a while longer. He is the perfect size and plumpness for great kisses and snuggling. And he is so soft. And I just love those dimpled hands and feet! I honestly cannot get enough of this sweet James.




6 comments:
happy happy 1st birthday to james! he is such a cutie... i'm hoping that whenever i have a third child, he/she will be as easy and happy as james has been. you lucked out with him! what a sweet boy.
Happy Birthday James!!!
What a sweet happy kid. Can you even believe how fast it goes?! I am in shock that he is already 1!!! What a blessing boy.
I can't believe he is one already! It seems every year goes by faster and faster. He sure is a sweetie! Happy Birthday James!
What a great post. He looks to be such a sweet, beautiful, boy. You are so lucky to have him.
I like the photo with the big toothy smile and of him looking back in the wagon.
I hope that he had a good birthday.
Hey...Steve is coming your way next week. I hope they have a good time together!
What a sweetie! I am so glad he is so good-natured. That sure makes it nice when he is the third! I loved the descriptions and the photos!
What a adorable baby! He is so cute! The pictures are just precious. Happy first birthday!
Post a Comment