We headed to a local dairy farm this morning. It was free admission today and that was enough to get me excited. It was just great to be outside. We didn't have too much time to spend given the amount of time it took me to get out the door with my little kids, but it was definitely worth it.First, the "hay" ride from the car to the entrance was a treat.
Then there was a maze with painting inside. Definitely a treat.
And homemade ice cream. And the cookie dough ice cream was blue. That was a treat.
But my favorite part of the whole farm was watching Andrew in the hay. First, you must know that Andrew has been an extremely cautious child. But every year I see more of that cautiousness disappear. So, I was excited that he had even climbed to the top of this hay stack. And then he wanted to jump. Way to go!But that is where it got funny. He was up there for a while waiting for the "perfect" moment to jump down. And from where I was, I gathered that the perfect moment was one where nobody was up top with him, and nobody was anywhere even in his peripheral vision up top or down low.
So he would crouch ready to jump, would stay in that position for a little bit shaking his hands and with a big grin. But then he would say, "Hey!" and "Hey!" and "Hey!" as kids continued to go where he didn't want them to go. He would stand back up, address the masses that weren't listening, and then he would crouch again. This went on for a while.










My friend Vicky and I were at the bottom just laughing.
But finally I guess the coast was completely clear because...










5 comments:
that last shot is SO cute! i want to see marge and homer!!!!!!!!
Way to go Andrew! Erika, you are a fun mom!
I'm telling you, I love this kid! That's the cutest thing ever.
that looks like so much fun! any free days left???
E- you have been busy! This post brings me back to that hot October day we went to that "pumpkin patch" in Queen Creek (is that right?) All I remember is it wAS HOT and I think you were pregnant... I was moaning and complaining much more than you though.
Post a Comment