
Today we were driving home from a little art and literature class (that is what the teacher calls it ;-)) that Andrew is taking. We passed two missionaries on their bikes and I started talking to Andrew about them.
"There are the missionaries! Do you know what the missionaries do?"
"Teach."
"Teach what?"
"People."
"What do they teach people?"
"About Jesus."
And then I explained that his dad had served a mission in Hungary. That was a funny conversation because I think he was a little confused about people living in hungry, but I think he eventually got it. Maybe. And then I talked about how I had served a mission in Venezuela. There was a small pause and then he said,
"Mom, when I grow up I want to be a mishamary."
And then there was a small pause as my eyes welled up and I pictured him as a missionary, working hard, helping others, serving the Lord.
And I told him, "I'm so glad. You will be great at teaching about Jesus."




7 comments:
Awwww - thats a sweet little story!!! I didn't know you served a misson in Venezuela!!! Derek did too!
It sort of scares me to death thinking of letting my now kindergartener go on a mission. I suppose by then I will be better at letting go! The thought of all day school is scary for me.
That being said we talk about going on a mission all the time around here. I want him to be wanting to go.
ahh andrew! he will make a darn cute mishamary.
that is too cute! andrew will be a great mishamary! :)
We pray for the "mary-naries" over here. Can't swallow the lump in my throat over this one. Sweet post.
Love the things kids say. Andrew will be a great missionary.
Jen
That is so sweet. I hope my kids will always feel the same. Missed you at book club last month!
Post a Comment