Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

In honor of Father's Day, a few pictures that capture my dad and his many expressions...

At my wedding

Always making some sort of a "funny face"

The "Oh Brother!" look

Loves being with the family

Good sport (wearing kimono I'm sure wasn't on his list of things he wanted to do)

Last words before I return to school.

Loves the grandkids. Particularly good with babies. (Here with Andrew a few years ago)

Expression says, "I'm pretending to be asleep while you take the picture."

Great sense of humor

Singing at my wedding lunch. He wrote the funny, clever words. He LOVES music and singing.



With the newest grandchild, James

How blessed I am to have such a loving, fun, predictable (sticks with what he knows and likes), humorous, smart, hard-working, diligent, never-angry, tender, wise father who uses an occasional yiddish phrase. Yes, yiddish.

I love you dad! Happy Father's Day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the new look of the blog!!! i have camera envy. :) glad to have you back online! also, great shots of jon, you really have some of his best faces, my favorite of which is the "oh brother." it is classic. :)

Caroline said...

Ahhh, Erika, I love your Dad, too. What an incredible man. I have to say that the "oh, brother" one is my favorite, also. I don't know, though, the kimono is right up there, too.
Love, Caroline