Thursday, November 15, 2007

This one is for you, John



The kids and I picked John up for lunch yesterday. The kids were squirming in their seats, kicking their legs, grinning from ear to ear and squealing when they saw him come out of the building toward the car. It was so fun--for me and for the kids. It felt like I was somehow cheating by getting to see him during the day.

I had my camera and took a few pictures. John gave me a look and teasingly asked if I was taking some pictures for the blog. Well, so be it...this one is for you John ;-)

As long as I'm on the subject, I just have to say how amazing John is and especially how great he has been since James has appeared. He is so great with the kids. They just love him. Natalie cried after we dropped John back at work, "Daddie." He calls to check in with me and make sure we are making it through the day ;-) and he has even made an effort to get home earlier. Yea! That one is my favorite. He is always so even tempered and can make anything fun. I am so grateful for him!

2 comments:

Heaps Crew said...

Erika,
You are great! I love you because you update your blog more than anyone else I know...and that's so fun because my favorite time out break right now is hopping on the computer to see what my friends are up to. So, I for one am glad you took photos of your lunch date for the blog! You are a darling wife and mom!

kara jayne said...

he has always seemed like a winner that John. I know it may not be in the cards until after the holidays, but we need to go out as couples! Okay, James can come too!