Monday, November 5, 2007

Fun with Painting


Last week it was cool enough (meaning under 100--we're still in the 90s...help!!) to go outside and paint. The kids had such a great time and I just got a kick out of them in their smocks. They were so cute. Andrew was into painting blocks of color--red in one spot, blue in another spot and no colors overlapping. Natalie was a little more free with her expression and more social as well. She started painting on her side of the easel and ended up painting with Andrew. And she had no problem painting blue on the black or red on the yellow, much to Andrew's dismay.

Andrew was narrating the whole time: "Great job Natowee." "Great job painting." "No, no Natowee--don't put red on the blue." "I doin' great, mom." "Don't get de paint on de gwound, Natowee."
Natalie's side of the conversation was something like, "Oh" "wow" "I do it" "Oh, yeah." "ok"

It was pretty funny and I just loved hearing his mostly positive reinforcement of her. Warms a mother's heart. So does this shot of Andrew without his pants on under his smock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is the best! It is so great that your kids are so loving to each other, I love it when siblings encourage each other, it just makes me feel like I have done something right!