Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8 years ago today...



I married someone who made me laugh,

who turned my insides to mush at the very sight of him,

and who caused me for the first time to want to turn my whole self over to someone else.


Eight years later and he still makes me laugh like nobody else,

my insides can still get mushy in his presence,

and I have no regrets of becoming his.

I love you John, even more than ever.

Happy 8 Years!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys, Happy Anniversary!
Your pictures are so darling!

Sarah said...

happy anniversary, hope you had a great day!

Dave and Angela said...

Erika, I love this post! Happy anniversary :)

Amber Arrington said...

Oh how wonderful to still be in love with your best friend! Congratulations. What a beautiful family you are growing.

Amy G. said...

Sweet post...sweet couple!

Amy Poulson said...

And Laura tackled Meredith in the one of the best attempts to catch the bouquet I have ever seen. I still laugh at the thought of the sea of green with legs and flowers extending. Such a fun wedding. Alas, your bouquet did nothing for any of us. :( That aside, still so glad that you are so happy!

Heaps Crew said...

Has it really only been 8 years? You two have sure accomplished a lot in that brief time! Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

love you both!!

Heather S said...

Wow, it has been too long since I have checked your blog. So much has happened. Congrats on your 8 year anniversary and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS(albeit late) on the birth of beautiful Amelia!

She is lovely and I will check back soon to see some other pictures? I know you must be insanely busy.

Love from all the Smith Family!

mwells said...

Congratulations Erika (& John)! Another milestone reached on this great journey!

Lenna said...

Congratulations Erika! And seriously? His curly hair? No wonder the mush my dear :) A darling post. I totally get the sporadic posting though...TOTALLY.

Stacey Crewse said...

Oh sooo cute! Love the pics. Congrats!!

Cheri said...

Great pictures Erika!! Now just always remember to focus on those moments when you have frustrating ones!!