
It is Constructive Feedback Friday at iHeart Faces. I post a picture and get some very welcome feedback!
I took this with my Canon Rebel xTi. ISO 200 f/1.8 1/1000 sec 50 mm
I edited it in Lightroom.
But I have not been happy with the overall look of the pictures I took. The skin tone seems blotchy--especially on her face and eyebrow area, a little too cold on the tone I think, and I can't seem to get a crisp, vibrant look.
And I tried a black and white edit. But not really sure what to do with it. Thanks for any feedback!!







11 comments:
I love both edits....!!
i love it!!! i think it looks great! the most critical eye will be your own, but i know how aggravating it can be when you know how you want something to turn out and you can't quite get it there... but i think it is fantastic! will you email me how to enlarge pictures on the blog? thanks!
This picture is pretty amazing SOOC! What a little bundle of joy!!
Great job-
God bless-
Amanda
I can't give you really good advice but I can just tell you what I like in a picture. I love this shot! Such a sweet picture. I would lighten this a lot and give it an almost eretheral look. I absolutely love it in black and white. Can you lighten the contrast a bit? Such a nice picture. Great job! Sweet baby!
I love this shot and here's what I did with it, just for fun :) I'm not a professional, so don't take my input too seriously! :)
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/herbofgrace/July42009Amelia-48-1-1.jpg
Honestly. Who can resist a baby in a basket. This photo is adorable! I took it into Photoshop Elements, made a levels adjustment layer and applied a smidgen of diffuse glow (only 1 on the glow amount...just enough to smooth the skin). I also made a hue adjustment to bring down the reds a tad. Finally, I used the skin tone tool, but really toned it down lower than what was suggested. I also used the healing brush to take away the hint of toes that were showing so that they wouldn't be a distraction in the photo. I cropped it to 5x7.
My edit is at: http://rileyyearinphotos.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-faces-constructive-feedback-friday.html
This was a fun photo to work on!
Your photo is absolutely beautiful - I love that you got in so close for your capture of this sweet little baby.
After seeing Drewmark19's fix (above) I'm not even going to attempt to make it any better! One thing I have done in the past is use my Portraiture Plug-In (from Imagenomic) to smooth skin out...it works very nicely for that. Drew accomplished the same exact look by applying the diffuse glow in her fix though.
I love this photo so much that I'd love to see it used in a future Fix-It Friday on our site. If you'd like to do that, please just send me an email at iheartfaces@hotmail.com. :)
~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces
Hello! In response to your question on my blog, my camera is a Canon Rebel XSi and I primarily use the 50mm 1.4 lens. Now I just need a cute little newborn and I'll be in photography heaven. :)
Hey! I wanted to say how great this shot is! I haven't seen anyone take a shot of a newborn in a basket from this angle and think it ROCKS!
Oh my gosh that baby is so darling I can't wait to get my hands on her. Sadly she'll be so much bigger by the time I get to do that! Darn it! Anyway, she's gorgeous and so are the pictures. If you want to warm them up use that little temperature gauge at the top right on Lightroom. Maybe add a little contrast too. I think they are beautiful as is though. They make me want to reach right through the computer and grab her for a little snuggle.
Loved the last post too.
Hope you're getting some sleep!
Amelia is just beautiful and I enjoyed your previous posts about her first meeting her siblings (well, on earth anyways) :) So sweet... ALL of them!
Congrats again!!
Post a Comment