You don't have to agree with Obama politically to feel the excitement of yesterday's historic milestone. I was very touched watching the first black president-elect address the country. It was moving. It was historic. And I was grateful for the proof that the American dream is real and truly available to all.What a blessing to live in this great country. I started to tear up as I walked into the little church around the corner to vote. No threat of violence. We are free to think and decide according to our own conscience.
Now I will just hope that our new president didn't really mean what he said during the campaign about shutting down the coal industry, taxing businesses, redistributing wealth and universal health care.
And God bless America!




5 comments:
Erika, I totally read yoru last post and I don't think I ever wrote comment, but I loved it. So interesting. It sure made me think.
I loved last night too. It made me get a little teary-eyed when I watched Obama's family and Biden's family each walk across the stage to each other, black to white, and just hug and cry tears of joy. It was such a neat thing to know that we've made such a big step in history. Gotta pray for Obama and all he's got on his plate. Boy howdy talk about overwhelming!!
I have really enjoyed reading your political posts. They are well thought out and informative. I agree with your here on all counts.
Next time you are in Utah we need to have a lunch or something.
So true! You write so well, I enjoyed your previous post as well. May God Bless America.
I felt the same way when I voted. The word reverence kept coming to my mind.
It is amazing that we can vote, express and generally live as we want.
America is an amazing place.
E- I thought I already commented on this, I guess I'm losing it.
Such great thoughts... I couldn't agree more. I'm so proud of what he (Obama) has accomplished for his ethnicity. I am so bummed I missed his acceptance speech, but just seeing the more recent shots of him in the White House, you don't have to agree with his policies to be in awe of the history unfolding before us. Makes me proud.
How are you E? Miss you.
Post a Comment