Friday, August 1, 2008

Are we related?


Last night Andrew was having a hard time going to sleep. Which meant he was having a hard time staying in bed and in his room. After having him venture downstairs a few times and ask us some "but I wanted to ask you something" questions, I came back up with him to lay down with him for a few minutes.

I actually love doing it. It's nice to nestle up close and snuggle with him. I swear his little legs get longer every day. He is growing up so fast, so I love to lie there and tickle his back (while he laughs because he says it really tickles), talk to him about life, feel his energy as he struggles to relax and go to sleep, listen to all of his four-year-old thoughts and ideas, and eventually suggest (several times) that he close his eyes.

Last night as we lay there I said, "Andrew, I'm so glad I'm your mom." And he replied, "Me too! I'm so glad I'm your cousin!"

8 comments:

mwells said...

And his cousins are "friends" right. Cute!

Sarah said...

grace talks almost daily about how much she misses andrew...

Lenna said...

Is it summer weather that has the kids not going down when they're supposed to? It's become the biggest battle. It's nice that you can still be glad to be mom/cousin despite it all.

DTaylor said...

Ok I laughed soooo hard at this one!! Thanks for making my night!

Diane

Peterson Family said...

Hey Erika!!

It was fun to see you this morning, your kids are SOOOO cute! I LOVE their blonde hair!!

I forgot to tell you what our blog was... azpetersons.blogspot.com

See you soon!!
-alissa :)

Erin said...

He always says the cutest things! That is my very favorite time of night too. I'm sure it doesn't fit into the parenting books bedtime routines, but it is the best. I wouldn't give it up.

Lena said...

He is so funny and smart. Just like his mom! Your picks are amazing on your blog!!!!

Cami Bruschke said...

Too cute! Made me laugh. I had Alexa on my lap as I looked at your blog and she points to a picture of Nataile and say's 'that's me'. The very sad thing is, I don't think she remembers you guys.